Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas and Christ.

Well after another birthday has come and gone, now still feel the same. But this year I have a wonderful wife and daughter. I enjoy my "father time" with Aurora. She is growing bigger everyday. I love the time we get to spend together, but it's not all roses. Oh don't get me wrong she is a great kid but....
I guess it's all part of being a father. The early wake up calls from her bed, the changing of the guard when it's play time, or just cuddle time all around. I enjoy it, but then I sometimes don't. Oh yes she is the joy of my life, but I need to get out and have some time away. The short trips to the store, or to get a video are my little times away. I enjoy them and take them whenever I can, but I guess that when she gets older things will change. Mindi and I will get our room back, Aurora will eat solid food, and life will be great. Lol. I must wake up from my dream.
As Christmas comes and I'm still looking for a job I'm looking outside of California for a better way of life for my family. It just scares me when I think of moving. Selling everything off, packing the rest, and running away for a job. What about the family we have left behind? Do they count in all this. Will Aurora ever see my family again? I know most will never come to see us where ever we land, but I still wonder. What will life throw at us if we do move. It has been on my heart for sometime now. I don't want to, but I think God does, so we must.
The only thing I can hope for is that my family will understand. I need a job, and I want away. I want away from my family. I want my rules and my family, but being so close to them, miles wise, I can't. But how far does guilt travel? I may soon find out.
Until then have a great Christmas and a awesome New year.

No comments:

Post a Comment